This Event Is Now Closed.
2018 Athletics NSW Target Talent Program - Event Coach Expressions of Interest
The below information and following forms are for anyone wishing to be considered for appointment as an Event Coach for the Athletics New South Wales Target Talent Program (ANSW TTP) in 2018.
Prior to the 2018 squad invitations being sent out the ANSW TTP Program Coordinator, in consultation with Athletics NSW management, will select the event coaches from the applications received. In selecting the event coaches for the 2018 TTP, ANSW will consider the likely squad size and event disciplines that need to be covered, the age profile and the available budget and succession planning for these roles.
Note: We expect more applications than event coach roles available, so not every applicant will be able to be appointed.
If you wish to apply for the 2018 Athletics NSW Target Talent Program event coach role, please read the details below carefully and complete and return this application form to email@example.com prior to Friday 30 March 2018.
Possible Event Coaches roles may include some or all of the below:
- Middle Distance
- Hurdles (Short / Long)
- Jumps (Horizontal – LJ / TJ)
- Jumps (HJ)
- Pole Vault
- Multi Events
- Throws (Shot)
- Throws (Discus / Hammer)
- Para Events (Ambulant)
- Para Events (Wheelchair)
Role of an ANSW TTP Event Coach
- Attend monthly squad training and education sessions (6 x June - November).
- Develop and implement a training plan for 6 x TTP event specific technical training sessions
- Provide assistance in selection of event discipline squad members
- Coach and mentor allocated discipline athletes in close consultation with their personal coach.
- Willing to sign and follow the Athletics NSW TTP Code of Conduct
- Willing to implement any Athletics Australia national TTP curriculum items
- Complete Athletics Australia Target Talent Program report (every quarter).
- Provide continuous feedback and assistance to the program administrators throughout the year.
- Track and collate TTP squad members progress and results throughout the year.
- Communicate directly with TTP squad members as required
- Provide a ‘coach profile’ to the program coordinator to be published on the ANSW webpage (template to be provided)
- Source an elite level athlete to attend at least one session to work with athletes
- Hold a current Athletics Australia Coach Accreditation Level 2 or above
- Hold a current Australian Working with Children certificate
- Have completed an ASADA Level 1 e-Learning certificate
- Have completed a current 2018 ASADA Level 2 e-Learning certificate
- Ability to mentor and provide guidance to athletes personal coaches
- Coaching knowledge at international/national junior level
- Ability to relate to athletes / personal coaches
- Capability to work as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible
- Excellent organisation and communication
- ANSW can help provide PD opportunities or financial contributions to specific courses or seminars (through application to ANSW).
- Remuneration of $2000 (per 12month cycle - June to May), paid quarterly upon receipt of your TTP athlete squad reports and providing ANSW with an invoice for the quarterly amount.
- Reimbursement of up $200 for attending the National All Schools Championships and or the National Junior Championships (albeit that these championships are held outside of NSW)